We wanted to give you a peek inside his brain so we asked him fill out these questions with one rule: be completely honest. No token answers allowed.
7. “Keep Your Love On” is a book that I would recommend to anybody.
8.In my backpack, you will always find paper, Throat Coat, in-ears, Dramamine.
9. My singer’s secret is WATER, DRINK WATER!!!
10. I could eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for every meal for the rest of my life.
“What I love about Derek’s CD is that it emphasizes the love that Jesus poured out through the cross. That might sound obvious because it’s worship music, but I love that these songs are so simply and refreshingly about Jesus. Songs that can be sung in corporate settings as well as in the secret place.” – Banning Liebscher, Founder & Director of Jesus Culture
“Derek Johnson is the real deal. He is a very talented musician with a passionate heart of worship. I’ve been waiting for this album since Derek was opening for me on the “Still Believe” tours! Get his album “Real Love” – you won’t be disappointed!” – Kim Walker-Smith, President of Jesus Culture Music
12. I would love to travel to France or Italy the most.
13. Current album I am devouring is “Coming Up for Air” by Kodaline. Irish band = perfection. Check it out!
14. My biggest pet peeve is being rude to people. Life is too short. Smile, be patient. Surprise someone with kindness.
15. I pray my daughter gets to experience true freedom in her lifetime.
17. Bath, England and Stonehenge are my favorite places I have been to so far.
18. My biggest music inspirations have been: The Beatles, Tom Petty, Ryan Adams, Glen Hansard. I’ve loved a lot of music but these have been artists I have studied and learned from as far as songwriting goes.
19. I knew I wanted to be a worship leader when I was 17 years old.
20. I am my most excited for the future because I think the Lord has an incredible plan for every person on planet earth and I get to be apart of seeing that plan come to fruition.